Friday, March 9, 2012
BANANA: Benefits and Uses
Banana is a native to tropical Southeast Asia. It is likely to have been first domesticated in Papua New Guinea, grown in at least one hundred seven countries. Herbaceous plants of the genus Musa is the common name of Banana. It has several of sizes and colors when it is ripe like yellow, purple and red.
The benefits of Banana are:
- it reduced risk if colorectal cancer
- breast cancer
- renal cell carcinoma
Other uses of Banana:
- it is used as food like banana cue, banana cake, and banana chips
- it can be steam in glutinous rice wrapped in a banana leaf
- it can be made as jam and can cook in boiling water
- the Banana heart or “puso ng saging” in Tagalog, is used as a vegetable
- the leaves are frequently used as disposable food containers or as plates
- it is also used as a wrapping for grilling food
- it can be used as umbrellas during rainy days, as well.